Highlights from "A Freshman Comes to Smith," which was completed in 1933 by the Alumnae Association as a recruiting film shown at Smith Clubs and to prospective students and their families.
Smithies on Smith.
Capitalizing on a four-decade legacy of leadership and innovation in science education, Ford Hall intentionally blurs the boundaries between traditional disciplines, creating an optimum environment for students and faculty to address key scientific and technological developments of our time. Both a structure and a symbol, the new home for the Picker Engineering Program, computer science, chemistry, biochemistry and molecular biology is a compelling, visible statement of Smith’s public identity as the women’s college with the strongest programs in science and engineering. Ford Hall is named in honor of the lead donor to the project, the Ford Motor Company Fund.