Free November 5 Family Day
- Saturday, November 5, 2016
- Museum of Art Atrium and Galleries, 12:30 PM–3:30 PM
Free Admission ALL DAY, Hands-on activities from 12:30-3:30pm.
Time-hop through the museum! Begin your journey in the current show, When in Rome: Prints & Photographs, 1550–1900. Continue your trek through the museum’s galleries, exploring art and architecture from around the world in a variety of hands-on activities.
Family Day Poster in English (download pdf)
Family Day Poster in Spanish (download pdf)
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
2pm & 3pm
- “Grand tour” of the Museum – Meet in Lobby
- All aboard an interactive tour of the galleries with student museum educators!
- LEGO Architecture – Meet in Lobby
- Explore great works of architecture through LEGO! Collaborate in small groups to build grand structures from Ancient Rome, such as the mighty Coliseum and the marvel of engineering that spanned Rome, the Aqueducts. Follow in the footsteps of master artists with LEGO interpretations of these structures, and take your creativity to the next level! Sign up in advance, there‘s only room for 24 junior architects (ages 7-11) in this special ticketed workshop!
- Pre-register through the google form available at https://goo.gl/forms/D4MnuhDOS9HQ1Quj2.
- Welcome Table– First Floor, outside Sacerdote Gallery Stop by to pick up a schedule of activities as well as the Choose Your Own Adventure scavenger hunt
- Free Light Refreshments—Atrium
- Food Truck–Looking for more than light fare? Visit the food truck parked outside the Museum doors and travel the world through your taste buds! (Bring cash).
- Survey Station – First Floor, Lobby
- Let us know what you think about Family Day and help us plan for future family-friendly programs. Share your thoughts, pick up a passport, and enter the raffle for a free dual level membership.
- Postcard and Travel Sticker Depot – Atrium
- Create a postcard to share stories of your adventure through the Museum today. Drop it in the postal box here and we’ll mail it for you! Or design a sticker inspired by luggage tags and passport stamps. Imprint a design, add some color, and run it through our special Sticker Maker.
- Building Block Prints – L18 Studio Classroom, Lower Level
- Visit the When in Rome exhibition first to see examples of printmaking techniques. Then head downstairs to design your own prints inspired by buildings, landmarks and monuments!
- When in Rome, we draw! Sacerdote Gallery, Second Floor
- Pick up this interactive map at the information table and draw your way through the Eternal City.
- Book Nook + Take a Break Space—Lower Level lobby
- Drop in and take a break with our collection of picture books themed around Rome & its architecture.