Your Dollars at Work
- The commission and purchase of Movement
(2001), a site-specific installation by Yong Soon Min, resulted from an initiative by Korean-American Students of Smith and the Korean Arts Foundation.
- Annual appeals fund projects that enhance the Museum’s collection and visitors’ experiences at SCMA. Recent appeals supported conservation and restoration of Museum masterpieces and digital documentation of the permanent collection. Click here
to support the current annual appeal.
- Membership donations are used, in part, to underwrite free bus transportation for students visiting from other schools. Click here
to become a member.
- The site-specific sculpture installation, Red Hook at Bedford Terrace
(2008), by Sheila Pepe (American, born 1959), was commissioned and purchased with gifts from members of the Museum’s Visiting Committee and others in honor of the retirement of Ann D. Johnson.
- Friends committed to helping SCMA develop its collection of Asian art have contributed funds to support a three-year Freeman/McPherson Post-Doctoral Teaching and Curatorial Fellowship in East Asian Art. Click here
to support this special initiative.