The CSO maintains four vehicles to assist students in getting to community service partner organizations, CCC-related initiatives and projects, and religious services.
Reserving a Van
Reservations should be made at least five work days in advance of the day you want to use a van. Regular use will be scheduled weekly and bi-weekly as requested. If you are unable to use the van at the reserved time, please contact the CSO as soon as possible. Students who reserve a van that they do not use and do not cancel their reservation may be suspended from reserving vans for up to a month for each offense.
To Reserve a Van
- Fill out the Vehicle Reservation Form (The car coordinator will contact you within four business days to let you know if there is a car available.)
- If you are a first-time car user, you will need to become SGA-CSO Van Certified.
- The agency that you are driving to must fill out the Agency Confirmation Form. They may also send the information by fax to (413) 585-2794 or by e-mail.
- All passenger forms (see forms below) must be filled out each time the van is used
Transporting Children/Field Trip Permission Form (PDF)
If you will be transporting children under 18, you must have this form signed by the parent or guardian before each trip
Rules and Regulations
CSO Van Manual (PDF)
Vans used during the weekday hours of 2 to 6 p.m. are reserved for students attending placements at schools, afterschool programs and mentoring programs with CSO/CCC partner organizations. (Students may use CSO vans for other purposes, such as chapel services, outside of these hours.)
Picking up Keys
Van keys must be picked up at the CSO between the hours of 9:00 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday. You will have to sign out the key packet. If you are using a van over the weekend, you must pick up the keys before 4 pm on Friday. Keys must be returned to the letter box in the Chapel basement door as soon as you return to campus!
Any unauthorized use of the vans (use outside your reservation) will be considered theft and will result in serious disciplinary action such as suspension from driving a college vehicle and reporting to the Judicial Board.
Northampton to Homework House, Chestnut St.
-Take B48 Bus from Academy of Music at 2:00 or 3:00
- Arrive at Holyoke Transportation Center at 2:30 or 3:30
- Transfer to the Purple 20 (P20) Bus toward Springfield via Holyoke Mall
- Exit at corner of Maple and Franklin St.
- Turn right on Franklin Street, walk one block.
- Turn right on Chestnut Street.
- Walk to Homework House at 340 Chestnut.
Homework House, Chestnut St. to Northampton
-Walk southwest on Chestnut St., towards Franklin St.
- Turn left on Franklin St, walk past Maple Street to High Street
- Turn right on High Street, cross the street, and wait at bus stop.
- Board the P20 (Holyoke via Holyoke Mall) at approximately 5:18, 5:48 or 6:13
- Arrive at Holyoke Transportation Center
- Transfer to B48 at 5:30 or 6:30
- Arrive at Academy of Music at 6:00 or 7:00