Students who major in education and child study design their program in consultation with their adviser.
All major programs consist of 10 semester courses*, including:
- Two courses in the historical and philosophical foundations and/or sociological and cultural foundations
- Two courses in the learning process
- One course in curriculum and instruction
- At least one course on the advanced level
- Senior colloquium EDC 340 Historical and Philosophical Perspectives and the Educative Process
*Additional courses are selected to best match the student's goals and interests.
Students who are preparing to meet licensure requirements must design their major program so that it includes the prescribed set of courses and experiences described in Initital Licensure Requirements.
If you have questions about the major, please contact Department Chair Sam Intrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.