The Picker Engineering Program combines the study of engineering with the humanities, the arts and the sciences. Our students strive to design solutions to the many challenges facing society in the 21st century.
Announcing the Engineering Forums for Spring 2014. All forums are located in Ford Hall room 240 and are held from 12:00pm - 1:00pm, food will be served at these events, students are invited to bring their own beverage.
- Feb. 6: Sheila Narayanan. Vice President, Loyality Solutions at MasterCard
- Feb. 18: (Rescheduled due to snow storm) Celebration of Seniors
- March 13: Dr. Alexander Dale (PDF), Executive Director of Engineers for a Sustainable World.
- March 27: Presentation of the Major
- April 22: Jen Maer from IDEO, see poster (PDF).
Each month the Lazarus Center for Career Development publishes a Career Engineering Newsletter with opportunities for engineering students.
Engineering in the News
Congratulations to our Engineering Scholar Athletes. Lauren Hilton '14, Adrienne Horne '14, Xinyi Liu '14, Emily Lane '15, Lauren Weston '15, Yumeng Cao '16, Bethany Claps '16, Anna Partridge '16, Isabella Casini '17, Elsie Odhiambo '17, Jingyi Sun '17.
Lawren Gamble '14 summer research at the University of Alabama with Dr. Amy Lang, through a NSF REU program. Surface Patterning (Video)
The Panama Canal: An Engineer's Voyage. On 10 January 2014, Professor Andrew Guswa had the opportunity to travel through the Panama Canal from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean with nine alumnae from Smith College.