Resources for Participants
Poster Session Resources
Preparing a poster for Collaborations? Use the documents and links below to make it as effective as possible.
- Poster Preparation Checklist (PDF)
For students who are presenting during the poster sessions. Covers the steps involved in creating your poster, having it printed and presenting it.
- Online poster presentation tutorial (Web link)
Resources to help you select and obtain or prepare text, photos, graphs, maps and any other content to be included on your poster.
- Examples of Science Posters (PDF)
Four examples of effective science posters.
- Science Poster Liaisons (Web link)
Find out who will print your poster using this list of department liaisons for science posters.
- Getting Your Poster Printed (Web link)
Instructions for getting your poster printed. Submit your printing request no later than Friday, April 10 to be sure your poster is printed on time for Collaborations.
Whether you are using PowerPoint, participating in a panel, or giving a reading, these resources can help you create a top-notch presentation!
- General Presentation Guidelines (PDF)
Guidance on creating and giving strong presentations. Lists sources for images and other content, presentation software, on-campus resources to support you as you prepare your presentation and tips for presenting confidently.
- Guidelines for Creating PowerPoint Presentations (PDF)
Handy tips on preparing your PowerPoint presentation, from gathering content to creating compelling material.
- Submitting Your PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
Once your PowerPoint presentation is perfected, here’s some helpful information on submitting your file.
- Bad Presentation Bingo (Web link)
24 Things to Avoid When Making a Presentation or Speaking in Public (good advice and fun too!)
- Preparing and Delivering a Good Presentation (from the Career Development Office) (PDF)
Guidance on what should be included in a Presentation and how to deliver it effectively.
- Examples of Past Collaborations Presentations (Web link)
The proceedings from Collaborations 2012. Includes links to numerous presentations in many subjects.