Resources for Participants
Science Poster Resources
Preparing a science poster for Collaborations? Use the documents and links below to make it as effective as possible.
- Science Poster Checklist (PDF)
For students who are presenting during the science poster session. Covers the steps involved in creating your poster, having it printed and presenting it.
- Online poster presentation tutorial (Web link)
Resources to help you select and obtain or prepare text, photos, graphs, maps and any other content to be included on your poster.
- Examples of Science Posters (PDF)
Four examples of effective science posters.
- Science Poster Liaisons (Web link)
Find out who will print your poster using this list of department liaisons for science posters.
- Science Poster Request Form (PDF)
Submit this form no later than Friday, April 4 to be sure your poster is printed on time for Collaborations.
Whether you are using PowerPoint, participating in a panel, or giving a reading, these resources can help you create a top-notch presentation!
- General Presentation Guidelines (PDF)
Guidance on creating and giving strong presentations. Lists sources for images and other content, presentation software, on-campus resources to support you as you prepare your presentation and tips for presenting confidently.
- Guidelines for Creating PowerPoint Presentations (PDF)
Handy tips on preparing your PowerPoint presentation, from gathering content to creating compelling material.
- Submitting Your PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
Once your PowerPoint presentation is perfected, here’s some helpful information on submitting your file.
- Bad Presentation Bingo (Web link)
24 Things to Avoid When Making a Presentation or Speaking in Public (good advice and fun too!)
- Preparing and Delivering a Good Presentation (from the Career Development Office) (PDF)
Guidance on what should be included in a Presentation and how to deliver it effectively.
- Examples of Past Collaborations Presentations (Web link)
The proceedings from Collaborations 2012. Includes links to numerous presentations in many subjects.