Direct Innovation, Generate Growth
For accomplished businesswomen in science, technology, and engineering.
Women who attend Directing Innovation learn to harness existing expertise to lead both their careers and organizations to the next level.
Women Who Attend Will:
- Build a global network of powerful women to support learning and development throughout their career
- Explore cultural assumptions in the workplace and learn how to convert multicultural team dilemmas to multicultural team advantages
- Master negotiation, conducting complex negotiations with confidence
- Learn how to manage decision making in the face of uncertainty
- Drive dynamic leadership by capitalizing on emotional intelligence and realizing the power of authentic leadership
- Discover new ways to increase health and well-being to support leadership success
- Develop a personal leadership narrative to integrate knowledge with personal insights and wisdom for greater clarity, purpose, and vision
Smith’s signature all-women classroom fosters an environment proven to enhance leadership learning by supporting women’s natural learning patterns, encouraging candor and risk-taking, and engaging the power of the network.
Typical Curriculum Elements
The New Science of Professional Networking
- Evaluate and strategically develop networks
- Communicate effectively within multicultural teams
The Nuance of Negotiation
- Master techniques to improve negotiation outcomes
Strategic Decision Making
- Develop the tools necessary to manage the decision making process in complex and uncertain environments
Achieving Authentic Leadership
- Explore the impact of personal behavior on others and develop a plan to improve critical leadership behaviors
Life is Your Best Medicine
- Maximize performance through lifestyle choices
Career Strategies Panel
- Share inspiring insights from successful women leaders in science, technology, and engineering
Additional program benefits include a daily wellness program that shows you how to increase your energy, well-being and stress-resilience and post-program access to networking with both the Smith and Society of Women Engineers alumnae base.
Join your peers at the beautiful JW Marriott Starr Resort in Tucson, Arizona. Program fee includes all program materials, accommodations, and most meals.