It is an exciting time to be at Smith. The strategic directions for the college have set the course of our priorities for academic enrichment for the next 10 years. As staff, we want to be sure that we engage actively in advancing our knowledge and abilities so that we can support Smith's aspirations.
To create a work environment where leadership, learning and growth are fostered at all levels of the institution and where:
- teamwork, collaboration and respectful communication are the cornerstone of the Smith College workplace;
- the workforce is enhanced by having an inclusive environment that appreciates and encourages diversity;
- all employees are encouraged to further their careers through human resources development workshops, educational seminars and tuition reimbursement for college-level courses;
- organizational effectiveness assessments support the overall mission of Smith College and provide the foundation for change.
Organizational Effectiveness Consulting
The Office of Learning & Development is here to facilitate learning and organizational development. We offer workshops on a broad range of workplace topics and customized solutions for managers and departments through organizational effectiveness consulting.
We offer customized solutions that fit the needs of managers and their teams. In order to assure the outcome that best aligns with the mission of the department and the college we use the following process:
- Work closely with the manager to identify the outcomes
- Interview team members to assess their roles
- Tailor and facilitate learning sessions to address the needs
- Recommend follow-up activities to maintain the momentum
- Provide on-going coaching to sustain the change