The Office of Human Resources provides overall strategic guidance to managers on human resources matters. We provide a wide range of services to managers, supervisors and individual employees in accordance with college policies and practices and in support of the goals of the department. Human resources has experience handling employment and work-related issues and can answer your questions regarding such matters. In addition, we act as liaison with other administrative offices, such as payroll and academic departments, as necessary. Be sure to check with us to see who is designated to assist with a particular issue.
Applicant Tracking System – PeopleAdmin
PeopleAdmin is a web-based job posting and recruiting software program that streamlines the entire recruitment and candidate management process.
You must either user Internet Explorer 7.0 or Firefox 3.6. If you need assistance with your web browser, please contact the User Support Center, at 585-4487.
- Advising managers on college benefit plans
- Administering workers compensation
- Administering open enrollment
- Ensuring that employees' jobs are accurately classified and that employees are appropriately paid
- Advising managers on job evaluations, salary matters, titles and grades
- Administering annual salary increase programs
- Employee relations
- Maintaining a positive and productive work environment
- Counseling managers and employees on preventing and resolving work problems, managing performance, etc.
- Ensuring that employees' complaints are responded to appropriately
- Advising employees on time-off policies and leaves
- Administering college and local recognition activities and programs for employees
- Ensuring department compliance with college human resources policies, labor contracts, and federal and local employment laws
Learning and Development
- Counseling employees on professional growth and skills development
- Helping employees and managers to assess skills and recommend training programs
- Design and delivery of learning programs
- Helping managers to define recruitment/retention needs
- Screening and interviewing applicants and recommending/hiring candidates for employment
- Managing the college's electronic applicant-tracking system for staff, as well as assisting hiring managers and internal applicants in using it
- Assisting hiring managers in developing and executing diverse and inclusive outreach strategies
- Providing training to hiring managers on the interview process
- Posting all staff vacancies on the human resources website and placing all nonfaculty recruitment advertising
- Assisting hiring managers and search committees with screening and interviewing candidates
- Advising hiring managers on reference checking and overseeing all background checking
- Advising employees seeking career planning and transfer opportunities
- Providing training to employees on interviewing skills and résumé preparation
Your human resources office is always available to you. If you have any additional questions about these topics, please contact us.