Upcoming Graduate School Workshops & Events
Smith College Fall Career Fair
Thursday, September 24, 2015, 3:30-6:00pm
Smith College Indoor Track and Tennis Facility
106 Lower College Lane, Northampton MA Map
Meet with recruiters from corporate and non-profit organizations to discuss a broad range of internships, full-time jobs and graduate/professional school opportunities. Hosted by the Smith College Lazarus Center for Career Development.
Attending graduate/professional schools:
- Across the Pond
- Boston University Graduate School of Arts & Sciences
- Brandeis International Business School
- Center for Public Policy and Administration, UMass
- Columbia University MPA in Environmental Science and Policy
- Harvard Business School
- Lesley University/Berwick Academy
- Northeastern University School of Law
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Simmons College, Graduate Studies
- Smith College School for Social Work
- St. George's University
- Tuck Business Bridge Program
- University of East Anglia
- William James College
- Yale Institute of Sacred Music / Yale Divinity School
Applying to Grad School Workshop
Monday, October 5, 7:00-8:30pm, Campus Center 103/04
Discover what you can do now to best position yourself for admission. Designed for students considering academic graduate programs. This workshop will be offered again on 10/8.
Applying to Law School Workshop
Wednesday, October 7, 6:30-7:30pm, Campus Center 205
An overview of law school basics: when to apply, the LSAT and LSDSAS, selecting schools and more.
Applying to Grad School Workshop
Thursday, October 8, 12:00-1:00pm, Campus Center 205
Discover what you can do now to best position yourself for admission. Designed for students considering academic graduate programs.
Personal Statements for Graduate & Professional School
Thursday, October 15, 12:00-1:00pm
Lazarus Center Workshop Room
Does the thought of writing a personal statement for graduate or professional school make you panic? Relax and attend this session on crafting a winning personal statement.
The decision to attend a graduate or professional school and when to attend are questions with answers which are unique for each individual. Use these pages to advise and assist you when deciding upon you own path.
Deciding to Apply
There is no “timeline” of when or if one is supposed to attend a post-Smith education. For many, the reason to attend a graduate program is to satisfy a personal journey:
- it is a subject that one purely wants to study in depth as a scholar, or
- it is needed for employment or advancement in a particular career field.
When your reason to attend a graduate program has motivated you, begin to evaluate your credentials and explore the various graduate programs. Consult with others who can assist you in your endeavor:
- Speak with faculty who can advise you on programs in your field of interest
- Meet with a Lazarus Center advisor to help coordinate the logistics of your application
- Network with Smith alums and other professionals in the field who can share their personal experiences
- Contact admission representatives of your selected graduate programs about their programs.
Your decision to attend graduate school should be carefully planned and strategically crafted.
Need more help? Schedule an appointment with a Lazarus Center Advisor: (413) 585-2582