Students engaged in learning through involvement, work and volunteer opportunities through the Office of Student Engagement gain so much more than an enriched Smith experience. Consider the global opportunities for learning and exploration that can be found in the most ordinary of places:
- Walk through the Nolen Art Lounge where one quarter of the exhibitions hosted each year are globally themed or offer a global perspective.
- Catch one of performers hosted every year by the Student Events Committee featuring world music and stories.
- Be a part of the student acted, produced and directed Vagina Monologues which takes place each spring in John M. Greene Hall where you are encouraged to be a part of the global movement to end violence again women and girls.
- Attend a program or activity offer by one of the over 40 of our recognized student organizations focused on world issues or the celebration of culture and diversity.
- Get to know the students employees of the Office of Student Engagement who bring with them varied experience, backgrounds and ideas, adding to the rich fabric of our diverse community.
- Gather with the community in the Campus Center to enjoy Smith in the World, the Study Abroad Fair, IS Day or one of the vast array of summer programs that celebrate ideas, food and people from around the world.
Gaining a global perspective doesn't have to mean leaving Smith. Consider what impact you have made on our world today.