The Office of the Registrar maintains the permanent academic records of all students. The office is responsible for course registration, classroom scheduling, transcripts, transfer credit, certification of enrollments, issuing diplomas and producing the schedule of classes.
Registrar's Open Hours
Wednesdays, 2 to 3:30 p.m., during the academic year.
Browser Compatibility with BannerWeb
To ensure full access to all parts of BannerWeb please use Firefox Internet Explorer.
Registration for Fall 2014
Advising and registration for the fall semester will take place April 7 through April 18. Online registration through BannerWeb is accessed by class standing; students should contact advisers in a timely manner to schedule advising appointments and obtain their new registration code. Information and procedures can be found on our course registration page.
Student Schedules for the spring semester
Students are advised to check their course registration on BannerWeb. Inaccuracies must be reported to the registrar immediately. Students are responsible for all courses in which they are registered
Information concerning scheduled and self-scheduled exams is posted on our exams page. Self-scheduled examinations will be distributed during three periods on May 6, 7 and 8, and during two periods on May 9; there will be no examination period on Friday evening. Students should check the schedule of exams carefully and report any conflicts to the registrar's office immediately.
Examinations cannot be repeated and will be failed by default if missed through carelessness. Students should make their end of the semester travel plans accordingly as they will not be permitted to take examinations early.
Grades for seniors and graduate students are due in the registrar's office on Monday, May 12. Grades will be posted online through BannerWeb the afternoon of May 14. Latin Honors awards will be announced at the Ivy Day ceremony on Saturday, May 17.
Non-Senior grades are due in the registrar's office on Monday, May 19. Those grades will be posted online the afternoon of May 21.
Unofficial transcripts through BannerWeb will be unavailable until all grade processing is complete.
Registration Deadlines - Spring 2014
Friday, February 7*
- Last day to add/drop a course online
- Last day to add/drop first half semester course
- Last day to submit permission via waiver form
- Last day to add a Five College course**
Friday, February 14
- Last day to add a Smith course
- Last day for Ada Comstock Scholars to drop a course without financial consequences
Friday, February 28
- Last day to drop a course
- Last day to free drop or change grading option in first half semester course
Friday, April 4
- Last day to change grading option in Smith course
- Last day to use Free Drop option (see class dean)
- Last day to add/drop a second half semester course
Friday, April 18
- Last day to free drop or change grading option in second half semester course
*all course changes after February 7 require signatures of instructor, adviser and class dean on add/drop form
**consult host registrar about deadlines to declare pass/fail options.