The Office of the Registrar maintains the permanent academic records of all students. The office is responsible for course registration, classroom scheduling, transcripts, transfer credit, certification of enrollments, issuing diplomas and producing the schedule of classes.
Browser Compatibility with BannerWeb
You can use Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer to acccess the Portal. Because of minor browser differences, if you encounter problems using BannerWeb with a particular broswer, please try a different broswer, i.e. Fifefox or Internet Explorer.
Student Schedules for the Fall Semester
Students are advised to check their course registration on BannerWeb. Inaccuracies must be reported to the registrar immediately. Students are responsible for all courses in which they are registered
The last day to add a Smith course is Wednesday, September 24th. The last day to drop a Smith or five college course is Wednesday, October 8th. Add/drop forms are available at the registrar's office or may be printed from our forms page. Signatures of the instructor, adviser and class dean are required to make course changes at this time.
Students should be making end of the semester travel reservations now, keeping in mind that final examinations are scheduled from December 16-19. Students will not be permitted to take examinations early.
Registration Deadlines - Fall 2014
Wednesday, September 17*
- Last day to add/drop a course online
- Last day to add/drop first half semester course
- Last day to submit permission via waiver form
- Last day to add a Five College course**
Wednesday, September 24
- Last day to add a Smith course
- Last day for Ada Comstock Scholars to drop a course without financial consequences
Wednesday, October 8
- Last day to drop a course
- Last day to free drop or change grading option in first half semester course
Friday, November 7
- Last day to change grading option in Smith course
- Last day to use Free Drop option (see class dean)
- Last day to add/drop a second half semester course
Friday, November 21
- Last day to free drop or change grading option in second half semester course
*all course changes after September 17 require signatures of instructor, adviser and class dean on add/drop form
**consult host registrar about deadlines to declare pass/fail options.