Contact Us
Catalogs & Schedules
Catalogs & Schedules
Examinations & Papers
Frequently Asked Questions
Request a Transcript or Enrollment Verification
Opening of the College
Privacy of Records & Voter Registration
voter of Records & Voter Registration
For Entering Students
For Students Studying Away
For Seniors
For Faculty & Staff
Request a Transcript or Enrollment Verification

Related Link

The Office of the Registrar maintains the permanent academic records for students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs.* The transcript contains the student's name, dates of attendance, courses taken, grades, major(s)/minor and, for classes of 1995 and beyond, semester and cumulative GPA. The transcript may also list transfer or AP credits, honors (e.g., dean's list), thesis title, degree and date awarded, and teacher certification statement.

*Students enrolled in the M.S.W. and Ph.D. programs should contact the Smith College School for Social Work to obtain copies of their academic records.

Unofficial Transcripts

Currently enrolled students can view their unofficial transcripts through BannerWeb. For a paper copy, simply print from your Web browser.

Alumnae who do not have access to BannerWeb should follow the procedures for official transcripts that are outlined below.

Official Transcripts

In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, Smith College will not release a student's transcript to a third party (including parents) without the prior written consent of the student. Because a transcript request must be made in writing and include the student's signature, we cannot accept requests by telephone.

There is no charge for transcripts.

Current Students: Current students can request official copies of their transcript directly through the Student Records Menu on BannerWeb. Access to BannerWeb requires that you log in with your student ID (99 no.) and personal identification number (PIN). Transcripts can be mailed to a third party, to your campus box or may be picked up by you in our office. Please indicate your preferred method of delivery when you make your BannerWeb request.

Alumnae: Alumnae who still have their 99# and PIN can log into BannerWeb and request transcripts there. Otherwise, use the following procedures below for submitting a request.

Sending Requests

In Person: Transcript request forms are available at the Office of the Registrar, College Hall Room 102.

Mail, Fax or E-mail*: Letters that include the following information are acceptable:

Office of the Registrar
College Hall 102
Smith College
Northampton, MA 01063

Fax: (413) 585-2557

E-mail: registrar@smith.edu*

*We will accept a scanned PDF request by e-mail, but it must contain the student's signature.

During the period mid-November through February and May, requestors should allow 5 to 10 business days for processing, in addition to mail transport time.

Official copies of transcripts may be withheld based on outstanding financial or other obligations to the college.


Contact us at (413) 585-2556 or registrar@smith.edu.