SGA & ORC Funds
A Universal Funding Application is now the only form needed to apply for funds click here. Please print out the form, write in your information on the hard copy and bring it and your documentation to the SGA Office, CC/206 no later than 4:00 p.m. on Monday.
As a general rule, if applications are turned in by 4:00 pm on Monday, they will be acted upon at the ORC and SGA Cabinet meeting that week. Please see the SGA office for dates at the end of the semester, which are exceptions to this rule.
The ORC Chair and SGA Treasurer will present the request to their respective organizations for review and will be available for consultation and assistance to students during the entire funding process.
The application must be turned in at least two weeks prior to the proposed event. All expenses must be properly documented with receipts turned into the SGA Office no more than two weeks after the event or event funding may be withdrawn.
ORC Funding Polices
These funding policies will help you and your oganization better manage the event planning process, click here for the ORC Funding Policies. No retroactive applications will be accepted.
ORC Discretionary Fund
- Available to any SGA chartered organization. Its purpose is to cover any expenses in addition to the money provided for the organization's July 1 to June 30 budget, as the ORC determines appropriate.
ORC Equipment Fund
- Available to any SGA chartered organization. Its purpose is to cover any one-time expenses for equipment associated with the functioning of that organization, as the ORC determines appropriate. "One-time" expenses can include those that are necessary every five years or more.
SGA Conference Fund
There are limited funds available for the Conference Fund. Students should exhaust all other sources of funding before applying to the SGA Conference Fund. Based on these factors, you will likely not be allocated the total amount requested.
- Any Smith student can apply to receive funding to attend a conference that is taking place off campus.
- A proposal must be submitted outlining a post-conference event (presentation, discussion, etc.) to bring the experience back to campus.
- Along with the fund application, additional documentation must be submitted regarding the conference itself, such as a photocopy of the registration form, a website address, a brochure, etc. Please click here to refer to the Travel Reimbursement Policy for detailed requirements .
- All receipts from the conference must be submitted to the SGA Treasurer within 10 days after you return.
SGA Sawyer Fund
- Any individual or organization in the Smith community may apply.
- The event must be held on the Smith campus.
- The event must be free of charge and open to all Smith students and the larger community.
- If bringing a speaker from outside of Smith:
- Signed contracts with invited speakers should be filed in the Office of Student Engagement.
- In order to receive payment from the Sawyer Fund, contracts must be submitted to the Student Bank in the Office of Student Engagement; however, it is highly encouraged to submit proposals before contracts are solidified so that you receive the appropriate level of funding.
- Once your request has been approved, a member of the Office of Student Engagement can advise you on the managing of the logistics of your event, from locating the space to planning refreshments.