Part of the academic challenge of returning to campus is finding ways to bring the learning home. To demonstrate your new knowledge and educational perspective, we encourage you to consider:
Submitting proposals to present at conferences
- Smith Elects the World
- Celebrating Collaborations: Students and Faculty Working Together
- National Conferences on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) Annual undergraduate research conference held at a different institution each year draws 2,000 students and faculty members
- Council on Undergraduate Research
- Kappa Omicron Nu Honor Society: Undergraduate Research Community for Human Sciences holds an annual Leadership Institute and Undergraduate Research Conference
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students
Continuing your interest with a faculty member
Find a faculty member who is doing research in your area of interest.
Sharing what you learned
You can share what you learned (and how things were different from Smith) by having discussions with your peers and classmates.
Attending Language Lunch Tables
Attend the Language Lunch Tables at noon in Duckett Special Dining Rooms (check the Smith calendar to see which languages meet which day).